Battling the heat and an international field at Atlanta’s Druid Hills Golf Club, the former Northwest Whitfield High and LaGrange College standout shot a 2-over-par 74 in the third round for a tournament total of 226. He opened with a 77 and followed that with a 75 on Thursday.
Keener, who finished tied with five others for 64th in the 87-player field, had three birdies and three bogeys Friday, but a double bogey on the par-4 second hole. The cut for today’s final round was at 2 over, leaving 42 golfers in the field.
Bruce Woodall of Yancyville, N.C., a recent University of Virginia graduate, led the tournament for the second straight day, shooting a 69 to maintain a one-stroke edge over first-round leader MJ Maguire. Woodall is at the top at 14 under, but five golfers are within four strokes.
CARROLLTON — With three minutes to play in Friday’s Georgia High School Association Class 4A boys soccer championship, both teams already knew the verdict.Continued ...
Dalton’s fans were chanting “Undefeated!” Southeast Whitfield’s fans could only root their Raiders to a disappointing conclusion.
The Catamounts took the lead less than three minutes into a 5-0 victory against intracounty rival Southeast at the University of West Georgia’s Ra-Lin Field.
- The final roadblock topples SE
- Championship conditions
- Noll makes move, tops leaderboard
- Boggs recalled to the Cardinals
- Prep golf: Blair will hone skills on greens
- Running: Hopkins, Arana first finishers in new test
- May 18, 2013
- Video: Class 4A boys soccer state championship
- Prep Tennis: NM MVP at the net for DSC
- Prep Volleyball: NM duo will play together in college
- Noll tied for sixth at state Mid-Am
- May 17, 2013
- Soccer state championship: Live updates
- Southeast vs. Dalton: Raiders will try to stop Cats' perfect season in championship
- Southeast vs. Dalton: Mistake costs senior Raider his final game
- Spring football: Teams looking for answers
- State Champions!