- Progress: Health
Northwest Georgia Healthcare Partnership seeks to improve community health status
Imagine 30 leaders of business and industry, health care providers, local government, education and public health volunteering to put aside their personal agendas.Continued ...
- North Ga. Health District makes an impact on region: Initiatives include helping people with STDs, restaurant inspections
- Murray County has rallied behind hospital many times
- Changing doctors: Practice of medicine evolves over the decades
- Hamilton Health Care System: From small community hospital to innovative health delivery system
- Northwest Georgia Healthcare Partnership seeks to improve community health status
- Progress: Business
The story of carpet: In late 1800s, Dalton nurtured the tufted textile industry
The carpet industry in the United States began in 1791 when William Sprague started the first woven carpet mill in Philadelphia. Others opened during the early 1800s in New England. Included in that area was Beattie Manufacturing Co. in Little Falls, N.J., a company that operated until 1979.Continued ...
- Lauding our leaders: Junior Achievement to induct four into Hall of Fame
- Peacock Alley has long history, about to make more
- Jordan’s journey: Man explores his family’s ancestry, learns about links to Georgia’s history
- The story of carpet: In late 1800s, Dalton nurtured the tufted textile industry
- Progress 2012: Quality of Life
Return of the Roadrunners: Dalton State College seeks to reclaim exciting, winning basketball program
In an area known more for carpet weaving skills and the success of its high school football players, there was a time when Dalton was also known as the home of one of the most colorful, successful and mythic basketball programs in the state.Continued ...
- 150 years strong: Mineral Springs United Methodist Church to celebrate sesquicentennial this summer
- Greenways could help revitalize one of Dalton’s oldest neighborhoods
- Speed and survival: Chatsworth track seeks to become hotspot again
- The Creative Arts Guild: Enriching expressive and cultural experiences
- Return of the Roadrunners: Dalton State College seeks to reclaim exciting, winning basketball program
- Progress: Salute To Murray
‘From the cliffs of old Cohutta’: Murray’s historic Rock Building restored to its original glory
Helen Taylor was a bit frightened, but still very excited to be entering Murray County High School.Continued ...
- ‘Pretty hard work’: Heyday of logging in the Cohuttas
- The Wright Hotel: ‘A museum of a most unusual type’
- ‘From the cliffs of old Cohutta’: Murray’s historic Rock Building restored to its original glory