T’ai Chi at BWC, first class is free
Try a free T’ai Chi class at Bradley Wellness Center on Saturday, Jan. 5, at noon. If you enjoy it, sign up for the 6-week session from Jan. 12 to Feb. 16. The cost is $60 for members or $65 for non-members. To sign up for the free class or the session, call (706) 278-9355. Registration is required for the free class. Chris Campbell is the instructor.
Choose to Lose Weight Loss Program
This 8-week weight loss program at Bradley Wellness Center provides the tools and support you need to lose weight. Led by experts in fields of nutrition and exercise, this class will motivate and educate through personalized nutrition and fitness plans, weekly weigh-ins to chart progress, cooking demonstrations and more. The cost is $150 for members or $200 for non-members. The class meets Mondays from 6 to 7 p.m., starting Jan. 7. Non-members will have access to the facility during the course of the program. Call (706) 278-9355 for more information or to register.
LifeFit Group Training
LifeFit is a new Bradley Wellness Center approach to helping people achieve optimal health and quality of life through randomly varied, high-intensity, functional group exercises. The program will begin on Jan. 7 and provides weightlifting, bodyweight moves and interval training in a fitness program of high-intensity work lasting about 20 to 40 minutes. Crossfit Level 1 trainers Michelle Evans and Karyn Rizer will provide instruction in proper technique and safety. Before and after assessments and performance testing to reveal improvement are part of the program. The morning class will meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:15 to 9, and the evening class will meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:45 to 7:30. The fee is $160 for members or $240 for non-members for the 8-week session. Space is limited.
BWC Basketball League
Bradley Wellness Center will hold a Thursday night basketball league starting Jan. 10 with games at 6, 7 and 8 p.m. The league will run until March 14. The league is open to members and non-members 18 and up. The entry fee is $150 per team, and the deadline to enter is Jan. 7. Call BWC for more information at (706) 278-9355.
Beginner Belly Dance
Belly dancing with Jillanna Babb-Cheshul is coming soon to Bradley Wellness Center. Participants have said it’s a great workout and a lot of fun. Class will start Jan. 7 and run for five weeks on Wednesdays from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. The fee is $35 for members or $45 for non-members. For more information or to register, call (706) 278-9355.
Police and Fire Games: Dalton firefighter snags second place
A seasoned Dalton firefighter placed second in the Toughest Overall Competitor event at the Police and Fire Games in Dalton on Monday.Continued ...
- County school board expected to approve budget Wednesday morning
- Electric vehicle charging stations coming to Dalton
- Brochu leaving position in S.C.
- DPD seeks identity of cigarette snatcher
- Minding their P's and Q's
- Whitfield CERT members reach 141 after seventh class graduates
- Local agency can guide you through homebuying process
- Spring Place Ruritan Club receives awards
- Jun 16, 2013
- Ridley trades banking for farming
- Pilsbury diary to be unveiled at Bandy Heritage Center
- Blue Ridge wins Georgia Safe Routes to School award
- Dalton to host Police and Fire Games this week
- Phyllis Stephens: Building community leadership capacity
- Jun 15, 2013
- Ball for fathers and daughters
- Police and Fire Games: Dalton firefighter snags second place