From Staff Reports
What do CEOs and tricycles have in common?
On the surface, not much at all.
However, that’s not going to stop some of Dalton’s local CEOs and their employees from riding tricycles on Monday as part of a United Way of Northwest Georgia fundraiser.
The organization will hold two races in downtown Dalton. The first is the Superhero Sprint, a one-mile run. The second is the CEO Trike Race. The run begins at 6 p.m., followed by the trike race at 6:30 p.m. The Superhero Sprint starts in front of the Freight Depot. The Trike Race will be held at the intersection of Hamilton Street and Cuyler Street. Both events are open to the public. Anyone can come and watch at no cost, but there is a $15 fee to run the race. Register online at ourunitedway.org or download the registration form.
Plenty of CEOs and their employees are scheduled to participate in the Trike Race, including Shaw Industries CEO Vance Bell, Beaulieu President and CEO Ralph Boe and Engineered Floors Chairman and CEO Bob Shaw.
At the Superhero Sprint, runners are encouraged to dress as their favorite superhero. If you don’t have a costume, that’s fine. All runners will receive a cape.
The CEO Trike Race is the idea of Kevin Sanders, vice president of Shaw Hospitality Group and chairman of the 2012 United Way campaign. He was looking for a fun way to help kick off the United Way’s 2012 campaign.
Awards will be given to the top male and female runner in each age group, as well as to the top companies in each division, and the top school for participation. A costume contest will also be held with a best overall male and female winner, as well as the “Fantastic Four” for a group of four coordinated costumes and “Magnificent Seven” for a group of seven coordinated costumes.
The following CEOs and teams have been confirmed:
• BB&T: City President Bill Davies, Blake Gober, Joel Etheridge and McKenzie Fleming.
• Beaulieu: President and CEO Ralph Boe, Karel Vercruyssen, Nicolas Bouckaert and Stanley Bouckaert.
• Brown Industries: President Stuart Nelson, Rick Klein, Tim Holt and Kenny Sheppard.
• Dalton Utilities: President and CEO Don Cope, John Thomas, Craig Bock, Jeremy Talley and Sven Jaekel (alternate).
• Engineered Floors: Chairman and CEO Bob Shaw, Zack Adamson, William Young and Joe Young.
• First Bank of Dalton: President and CEO Gary Middleton, Scott Sellers, Mark Godfrey and Mitch Sanford.
• IVC US: CEO Xavier Steyaert, Andrew Kearton, Derek Kozlowski and Micah Riggle.
• J&J: President and CEO David Jolly, Tom Pendley, Louis Fordham and Brad Townsend.
• Marketing Alliance: President Bryan Hair, Raj Kapur, Landon Hair and Sandy McDowell.
• Mohawk: CEO Jeff Lorberbaum, Joe Yarbrough, Brian Carson and Shelley Yeary.
• Shaw: CEO Vance Bell, Randy Merritt, David Morgan and Pete Sigmon.