While many are focused on the outcome of the presidential race on Election Night, Byron Pitts reports on another important battle between Republicans and Democrats for control over the U.S. Senate.
Talk of GOP primaries follows ’fiscal cliff’ vote
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Republicans in Congress who took the politically risky step of voting to raise taxes now find themselves trying to fend off potential primary challenges next year from angry conservatives.Continued ...
- RNC looking into what went wrong in 2012
- Jindal: Liking people is key to expanding GOP tent
- Face of US changing; elections to look different
- Healing the divisions in postelection America
- He called it, and now Silver’s a pop-culture star
- Nov 9, 2012
- Obama’s big Hispanic win worries Republicans
- Nov 8, 2012
- VIDEO: Obama in victory speech says 'best is yet to come'
- Nov 7, 2012
- Same president faced with reshaping new landscape
- Republicans retain House majority
- 'Fiscal cliff' clock starts as election fades to background
- VIDEO: Provisional ballots could pose problem in Ohio
- VIDEO: Obama, Romney on a divided America
- VIDEO: Romney concedes election
- Talk of GOP primaries follows ’fiscal cliff’ vote